This job posting closes on Friday, May 26, 2017.
The job can involve lots of different activities: One day you may be giving guided tours for visitors to Mermaid, another day you might be helping the production team with work on our touring shows, or you might be in the office all day assisting the office staff with tour paperwork and general office duties. This job is classified as an “Office Assistant” in the Jobbank posting, but there are lots of opportunities to fit your skills to the various work we do here at Mermaid.
The anticipated start date is June 5 or June 12, 2017. Pay is $12 per hour, 35 hours per week for 10 weeks.
PLEASE NOTE THESE MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
This job is funded by a federal “Canada Summer Jobs” grant. According to the terms of the agreement, applicants must:
* be between 15-30 years of age at the start of employment;
* have been registered as a full-time student during the preceding year;
* intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
* be a student in a secondary or post-secondary, vocational or technical program;
* be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration Act and;
* be legally entitled to work according to NS provincial legislation.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume by email to email@example.com on or before May 19, 2017. Interviews to follow.
The job listing is also be posted on the Government of Canada’s Job Bank website — it can be viewed at this link.
Terms of Employment: Seasonal, Full Time
Salary: $12.00 Hourly, for 35.00 Hours per week
Anticipated Start Date: 2017/06/05 or 2017/06/12
Work Location Information: Downtown, Windsor, NS (1 vacancy)
Education: Completion of high school (see above for full education requirements)
Driver’s License or reliable daily transport to our office is required.
Security and Safety: Criminal record check is required of the successful applicant — contact your local RCMP detachment to obtain this document.
Job requirements: Fast-paced environment, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking
Essential Skills: Reading text, Document use, Numeracy, Writing, Communication, Working with others, Problem solving, Critical thinking, Job task planning and organizing, Finding information, Computer use, Continuous learning