Technical/ Hospitality Requirements – International (updated 1 May 2014)
A PDF of this document is available at this link.
• Cast of two performers, one Stage Manager. The Artistic Director and the General Manager generally travel with the company.
• One hour performance (including question and answer period)
SUPPORT PERSONNEL REQUESTED
• A driver is required for ground transportation to and from airport, as well as daily transportation to and from performance facility.
• An English translator is required for orientation, set-up, strike and question and answer period.
• We require a minimum total of 4 persons for load in\out and set up. Breakdown of the 4 persons is as follows: 1 Lights, 1 Sound, and 2 others to assist with setup of puppets and curtain units. All four people will assist with the loading in and setting up as well as the strike and loading out of the gear.
• Please note: Only lighting tech and sound tech are needed for the running of the show.
ACCESS / ASSISTANCE
• With the assistance of an interpreter, Mermaid’s Stage Manager will telephone in advance of the engagement to confirm the company’s arrival time and answer any questions.
• Stage area, loading doors and dressing rooms need to be cleared to allow the company to set up immediately upon arrival.
• Stage should be swept and mopped prior to the Company’s arrival.
LOAD IN / SET-UP / STRIKE / LOAD-OUT
• Set-up and rehearsal: up to 8 hours the day before the first performance
• If touring to various venues, set-up will take up to 3 hours before performance time.
• Strike and pack for international shipping: up to 2.5 hours.
• Strike and pack for touring: up to 2 hours.
• Plenty of bottled water should be made available throughout the run of the performance.
• The presenter is to supply a light lunch on performance days.
• House counts and any relevant publicity materials must be made available to the Stage Manager before the Company’s departure.
• Minimum dimensions of stage – 12 meters wide X 10 meters deep X 4 meters high. These dimensions refer to an unimpeded space, free of hanging lights or heating ducts.
• A darkened auditorium is necessary and a black stage floor preferred.
• Two dressing rooms for three people. The rooms should have mirrors, chairs, tables and lights. They should be clean, lockable and ready for the company upon arrival for each performance and up to 90 minutes afterwards.
• Toilets and sinks, with paper towels and soap, must be in close proximity.
• Availability of standard stage weights or sand bags.
• Set: Mermaid travels with a self-supporting, freestanding set consisting of three small curtain units.
• House masking to be provided by venue: Black legs/tormentors and borders on stage right and stage left, ballet hung. No more than a 9.2 meter opening (please have hung prior to the company’s arrival).
• Availability of a small table (1 meter by 1.5 meters) to be set in the stage right wing
• Adequate climate control systems (air conditioning) must be utilized on stage and in dressing rooms
ELECTRICAL / LIGHTING
• The company requires 5 (15-amp 120-volt for 60Hz cycles) circuits for its own equipment. This will be used to power the black light fixtures, running lights and sound equipment.
• THE PRESENTER WILL PROVIDE THE STEP-DOWN TRANSFORMERS AND POWER CONVERTERS IF REQUIRED–PLEASE CONFIRM AVAILIBILITY WITH MERMAID’S STAGE MANAGER OR TECHNICAL DIRECTOR PRIOR TO THE COMPANY’S DEPARTURE FROM CANADA
• We travel with two single fluorescent units, four double fluorescent fixtures and two Altman 705s. They will be cabled to stage right and are controlled by the stage manager from the stage right wing area. They do not use the house dimmers.
• The Altmans will need to be hung. Appropriate location to be determined by the Stage Manager on the day of set up.
• The company requests the venue have a general lighting wash available for the curtain call and question and answer session.
• The company requires the service of one professional lighting technician to operate the venue’s lighting.
• Please provide running lights stage right, left and upstage.
• The company will use the house sound system and requires the service of one professional sound technician to operate the venue’s sound.
• We will provide an iPod with stereo XLR outputs, which will be operated by the Stage Manager from the stage right wing. CD is used for back up.
• The venue will provide XLR cables to connect Company’s iPod backstage to house sound system.
• We require a microphone (wireless preferred) off stage right for the Stage Manager’s presentation at the beginning of the performance and for the post-show (interpreter assisted) Question and Answer period.
• Speakers: The playback will be run through the front of the house speakers. Two monitors should be placed in either corner of the stage front
• It is important that all sound be set up and operational before the company arrives.
MEDIA RELATIONS / MEET AND GREET
• With prior notice, the company will be pleased to accept requests to “meet and greet” special guests. Should this activity be scheduled following a final performance, it is essential to have extra crew on hand to facilitate a prompt load out following the event.
• With prior notice, the company would welcome interviews with media representatives. Professional video taping for Current Affairs television programs must be arranged in advance, with the understanding that two minutes of edited tape can be aired.
• Mermaid Theatre reserves the right to acknowledge its corporate and government sponsors in house programs and lobby sign when appropriate.
• Freight consists of 20 large boxes and bags. The freight weighs 850 kilos.
• A truck and driver is required for transporting the freight in-country.
SIGNING FOR HEARING IMPAIRED AUDIENCE MEMBERS
• The company should be notified in advance if sign language interpreters are to participate. They should be located off stage right or off stage left and dimly lit with an isolated “special” blue gel.
• In the interest of safety we would appreciate having the audience away from the performance and working area as our equipment and set pieces are fragile. However supervised visitors are most welcome at the close of the show.
• Cameras and video cameras are prohibited during the performance but pictures may be taken during the question and answer period following the performance.
• The Engager will ensure that all property of the Producer and the Company members is secured at all times.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
• We can be reached by fax 902.798.3311, by telephone 902.798.5841 or by email email@example.com.
• If your venue does not meet specifications, please contact Lisa Gleave at