STELLA, QUEEN OF THE SNOW
Technical/ Hospitality Requirements
Updated Dec. 11, 2014
A downloadable (.pdf) version of this information is available by clicking here.
NOTE- This rider may not be changed in any way without permission of Mermaid Theatre of Nova Scotia.
- Cast of two performers and one stage manager (total 3 persons).
- * One-hour performance including Question and Answer period.
- * Start times: Because of their tight travel schedule, the company would appreciate close adherence to the start times. If the performance is late in commencing, it is possible that the Question and Answer period may need to be curtailed. This will be at the stage manager’s discretion.
- * Mermaid’s stage manager will email/telephone in advance of the engagement to confirm the company’s arrival time, technical requirements, and answer any questions.
- * The company travels in an over-height, over-length sprinter van (26’L x 9’3″H) which will require parking.
- * We require a minimum total of 6 persons for load in\out and set up. Breakdown of the 6 persons is as follows: 1 Lights, 1 Sound, and 4 others to assist with setup of puppets and curtain units. Please note: only lighting tech and sound tech are needed for the running of the show.
- * Stage area, loading doors and dressing rooms need to be cleared to allow the company to set up immediately upon arrival and up to 120 minutes following the performance.
- * Stage should be swept and mopped just prior to the company’s arrival.
- * No food or beverages should be permitted in the theatre.
- * Set-up: 2.5 HOURS plus ½ hour house. Strike: up to 120 minutes.
- * We require advance notice of any striking and resetting when our set is in place over-night.
- * Minimum dimensions of stage – 35’ wide x 30’ deep x 14’ high. These dimensions refer to an unimpeded space, free of hanging lights or heating ducts. Please ensure wings are cleared.
- * A darkened auditorium is necessary and a black stage floor preferred.
- * The company travels with a self-supporting, freestanding set consisting of six small curtain units and one freestanding rear-projection screen.
- * The company travels with a painted Marley floor that will be taped down in the performance area (approximately 25’L x 12’W). NOTE: The stage must be level and true, as our set contains many rolling elements. If there are stage elevators, traps or other irregular areas in the floor, the presenter must provide materials to create a flush, level stage floor.
- * House masking to be provided by venue: Legs and borders, preferably black. No more than a 30’ opening. Please have hung prior to the company’s arrival.
- * Pipe and drape will also be acceptable. Stage manager will confirm masking specifications prior to engagement date.
- * Two dressing rooms for three people. The rooms should have mirrors, chairs, tables and lights. They should be clean, lockable and ready for the company upon arrival and up to 120 minutes afterward.
- * Toilets and sinks, with paper towels and soap, must be in close proximity.
- * Availability of standard stage weights or sand bags.
- * Availability of a small table (2x4ft.) would be helpful.
- * Availability of a 10′ folding ladder.
ELECTRICAL / LIGHTING
- * The company requires the service of a professional lighting technician to operate the venue’s lighting.
- * A dimmable house lighting system will be required.
- * We require five 15-amp Edison (U-ground) circuits for our own equipment.
- * We require a small dimmable house plot with a minimum of one stage wash (warm).
- * A lighting plot and instrument schedule will be provided that will be used in addition to the house plot.
- * Please provide running lights stage right, left and upstage centre.
- * The company travels with ten LED lighting units.
- * The company will use the house sound system and requires the service of one professional sound technician to operate the venue’s sound.
- * The company requires backstage clear-com or similar means to communicate with the technical crew during the performance—wireless preferred.
- * We will provide playback technology, with stereo XLR outputs to be patched into the house system.
- * We require a microphone (wireless preferred) off stage right for pre-show announcements and the post show Q and A.
- * Speakers: The playback will be run through the front-of-house speakers. Two monitors should be placed in either downstage corner, in consultation with the stage manager upon arrival.
- * It is important that all sound be set up and operational before the company arrives.
- * The company travels with one rear screen video projector and two front projectors.
- * Accommodations; (when applicable, per Agreement) 3 single hotel rooms of 3-star quality or better, within a 20-mile radius of venue. Engager agrees to advance hotel details to the company directly, no less than 3 months prior to performance date.
- * Plenty of bottled water or potable water source and coffee/tea should be made available.
- * The presenter is to supply a light lunch (i.e. veggie/fruit platter, soup, sandwiches). Please confirm any dietary restrictions with the stage manager prior to arrival.
- * The presenter is to supply an evening meal on days with performances after 5pm.
SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETER
- * The company should be notified in advance if sign language interpreters are to participate. Signers should be located off the edge of the stage, audience left or right and dimly lit with an isolated “special” blue gel. It is highly effective when the signer wears all black and a pair of white gloves. A copy of the script is available for interpreters upon request.
- * Please note that the company’s request for complimentary tickets is covered under the terms of our contract and will not normally be waived. The Theatre will be prepared to release these seats upon request two week prior to the engagement.
MEET AND GREET
- * The company will be please to accept requests to “meet and greet” special guests. Should this activity be scheduled following a final performance, it will be essential to have extra crew on hand to facilitate a prompt load-out following the event. Please contact the stage manager in advance if a meet and greet is requested.
- * The payment cheque, house counts and any relevant publicity materials (posters, programs, press releases etc.) must be made available to the stage manager before the company’s departure.
- * In the interest of safety we would appreciate having the audience away from the performance and working area as our equipment and set pieces are fragile. However, with advance notice supervised visitors are most welcome at the close of the show.
- * Photography and video recording are prohibited during the performance but are permitted during the Question & Answer session at the end of the performance.
- * For school performances, a number of evaluations will be handed out to teachers. These will be provided upon the company’s arrival. Digital copies are available in advance upon request.
- The company does not travel with any merchandise.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- * We can be reached by telephone at 902.798.5841 (toll free phone 800.272.9216); by email at email@example.com; or by fax at 902.798.3311
- * If your venue doesn’t meet technical requirement specifications please email Lisa Gleave, General Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org