A .pdf of this rider is available. Click here to download/view it.
Mermaid Theatre of Nova Scotia’s
GOODNIGHT MOON and THE RUNAWAY BUNNY
(Updated February 2016)
NOTE- This rider may not be changed in any way without permission of Mermaid Theatre of Nova Scotia.
• Cast of three performers and one stage manager (total 4 persons).
• One-hour performance including Question and Answer period (if time permits).
• Start times: because of their tight travel schedule, the company would appreciate close adherence to start-times. If the performance is late in commencing, it is possible that the Question and Answer period may need to be cancelled. This will be at the stage manager’s discretion.
• Mermaid’s stage manager will contact the venue in advance of the engagement to confirm the company’s arrival time, technical requirements, and to answer any questions.
• The company travels in an over-height, over-length sprinter van (26’L x 9’3”H) which will require parking.
• We require a minimum total of 4 persons for load in\out and set up. Breakdown of the 4 persons is as follows: 1 Lights, 1 Sound, and 2 others to assist with setup of puppets and curtain units. Please note: only lighting tech and sound tech are needed for the running of the show.
• Stage area, loading doors and dressing rooms need to be cleared to allow the company to set up immediately upon arrival and up to 90 minutes following the performance.
• Stage should be swept and mopped just prior to the company’s arrival.
• No food or beverages should be permitted on stage.
• Set-up: UP TO 3 HOURS plus ½ hour house. Strike: up to 90 minutes.
• We require advance notice of any striking and resetting when our set is in place over-night.
• MINIMUM DIMENSIONS OF STAGE – 40′ wide x 30′ deep x 14′ high. These dimensions refer to an unimpeded space, free of hanging lights or heating ducts. Please ensure wings are cleared.
• A darkened auditorium is necessary and a black stage floor preferred.
• Mermaid travels with a self- supporting, free standing set.
• House masking to be provided by venue: Legs, travelers, and borders, preferably black. No more than a 24′ proscenium opening. Please have hung prior to the company’s arrival.
• Pipe and drape will also be acceptable. Stage manager will confirm masking specifications prior to engagement date.
• Two (2) dressing rooms for four people, the rooms should have mirrors, chairs, tables and lights. They should be clean, well lit, lockable and ready for the company upon arrival and up to 120 minutes after the performance.
• Toilets and sinks, with paper towels and soap, must be in close proximity.
• Availability of one (1) small table.
• Availability of stage weights.
• Company requires the service of a professional lighting technician to operate the venue’s lighting.
• A dimmable house lighting system will be required.
• A lighting plot, channel hookup, and instrument schedule will be provided by the stage manager upon request that will be used in addition to the house plot.
• Company travels with two practicals which will require an Edison outlet on both stage right and stage left. Both will be plugged in during the performance.
• The company travels with four (4) black light units that require one non-dimmable circuit and four (4) LED lamps to be hung in the FOH and boom boxes when available.
• Please provide running lights stage right, left, and upstage.
• Pre-hang all lights whenever possible.
• The company will use the house sound system and requires the service of one professional sound technician to operate the venue’s sound.
• We will provide playback technology, with stereo XLR outputs to be patched into the house system.
• Both sound and video will be run from our equipment backstage.
• We require a microphone (wireless if available) for a pre-show announcement and Question and Answer after the performance.
• Playback will be run through the front-of-house speakers. We require two monitors for the performers that should be placed in either down stage corner, in consultation with the stage manager upon arrival.
• The company requires wireless clear com and travels with four wireless headsets and a base station that patches into a regular clear com system
• It is important that all sound be set up and operational before the company arrives.
• The company travels with one video projector and one rear projection screen on a self-supporting frame.
• Accommodations; (when applicable, per Agreement) 4 single hotel rooms of 3-star quality or better, within a 20-mile radius of venue. Engager agrees to advance hotel details to the company directly, no less than 3 months prior to performance date.
• Plenty of bottled water or potable water source and coffee/tea should be made available.
• The presenter is to supply a light lunch (i.e. veggie/fruit platter, soup, sandwiches). Please confirm any dietary restrictions with the stage manager prior to arrival.
• The presenter is to supply an evening meal on days with performances after 5pm.
SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETER
• The company should be notified in advance if sign language interpreters are to participate. Signers should be located off the edge of the stage, audience left or right and dimly lit with an isolated “special” blue gel. A copy of the script is available for interpreters upon request.
• Please note that the company’s request for complimentary tickets is covered under the terms of our contract and will not normally be waived. The Theatre will be prepared to release these seats upon request two week prior to the engagement.
MEET AND GREET
• The company will be please to accept requests to “meet and greet” special guests. Should this activity be scheduled following a final performance, it will be essential to have extra crew on hand to facilitate a prompt load-out following the event. Please contact the stage manager in advance if a meet and greet is requested.
• The payment cheque, house counts and any relevant publicity materials (posters, programs, press releases, etc.) must be made available to the stage manager before the company’s departure.
• In the interest of safety we would appreciate having the audience away from the performance and working area as our equipment and set pieces are fragile. However, with advance notice supervised visitors are most welcome at the close of the show.
• Photography and video recording are prohibited during the performance but are permitted during the Question & Answer session at the end of the performance.
• For school performances, a number of evaluations will be handed out to teachers. These will be provided upon the company’s arrival. Digital copies are available in advance upon request.
• The company does not travel with any merchandise.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
• We can be reached by telephone at 902.798.5841 (toll free phone 800.272.9216); by email at email@example.com; or by fax at 902.798.3311
• If your venue doesn’t meet technical requirement specifications please email Lisa Gleave, General Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org